Sunday, May 3, 2009

Calculating your health risk?

I did a search on "heart attack risk" and I was surprised. I've never seen so many websites that help you calculate your risk of heart disease. Although helpful and convenient I can't help think that most of those calculators don't get information about family history, information that is pertinent.

Here is an example I found a website with a heart attack risk calculator. It ask for your blood pressure, HDL cholesterol, age, gender, and history of smoking. The results estimates your 10-year risk of having a heart attack. I really wonder how they come up with estimate for 10 years of your life. The good thing about the website it highlights that people with no none heart problems should use the tool.

Overall preventive health screening is a great way to get ahead of any potential serious health problems.

Health screening can encompass so many health risk such as stroke risk, heart attack risk, and Peripheral Artery Disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment