Friday, January 2, 2009

What's in your medicine cabinet?

You ever go to someone else's house for dinner or a party and look to see what's in their medicine cabinet? Don't lie, either you did or you thought about it.

I decided to go through my medicine cabinet. It's one of those neglected areas of the home you just don't think about cleaning. To my surprise I found a lot of expired medicine and vitamins. I also noticed a lot of medications and vitamins that I used to prevent myself and my family from getting colds and infection.

The money spent on preventing my family from getting sick has added up. Not that it hasn't been worth every penny. As me and my spouse go into our 40s I started to think about preventive screening.

Preventive screening for my family is something I never considered. However, having a family with high blood pressure makes me think that preventive screening makes sense. My husband doesn't know a lot about his family's medical history and worries about health issues that may develop as he ages. So for both of us preventive health screening makes sense. We also want our children to be aware of health screening when they become adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment