Saturday, December 27, 2008

Preventive Screening: My Peace Of Mind

As a women reaching my 40s, relatively healthy with a good diet and regular exercise, I typically don't spend a lot of time worrying about my health. However, I recently found out a close friend with similar demographics as myself and 2 years younger than me was told she needed to start taking low blood pressure medication.

It turns out no matter how hard she worked at exercising and diet, something inheritantly predisposes her to high blood pressure and possibly stroke. Needless to say I started thinking about my health differently.

Getting regular check-ups, preventive screening tests, and immunizations are among the most important things you can do for yourself. After watching what my friend has gone through and talking to family about health probelms they struggle with I'm considering stroke risk screening. For me it's about peace of mind.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment