Saturday, February 7, 2009

What Does Your Heart Yearn For?

My hearts yearns for:

Information
Do you know your risk of heart disease? I'm just learning about mine. I now know what the top and bottom numbers mean for my blood pressure : )

Exercise
Okay maybe a no brainer for many. But for some people including myself I thought once a week would be enough. My problem is consistency. I'm working on one hour for 3 days a week and I'm working on sticking with that schedule.

Healthy & Clean environment
Fortunately most restaurants and public enclosed spaces are banning smoking. After leaving Chicago and moving to Austin and then visiting Chicago my lungs got spoiled my body recognized the difference between clean air and heavy congested city smog.

Healthy Food
Enough said.

Common Sense
Well this didn't come to me right away. How can my heart yearn common sense? Well the first thing that came to mind was HEALTH SCREENING. So simple, it never occurred to me. I'm one of those people I go to the doctor when I'm sick. Participating in preventive health screening is more accessible. My husband's job has trailers outside in their company parking lot that provides mobile health screening. Now if I get them to come to my house : )

No comments:

Post a Comment